Whenever the risk management system may call for the use of risk assessment and training of personnel ADEPP in combination
with other risk assessment tools like PHAST, DEGATEC, LOGAN, etc. may be used from concept design to operation of any process
ADEPP may be used during the following stages in the life of a process:
Concept design and planning
- To choose the process by analysing the consequence of release and respond time of safety systems.
- To determine the best site for the facilities versus the reliability of process control system.
- To determine the process vulnerable zones.
- To determine the goal for safety systems.
- To provide a back-up for safety review.
- To determine the overall accept ability of the installation based on the latest P&ID and layout of the installation.
- To incorporate the event logic diagram for different scenario of the risk.
- To establish performance standards for safety critical systems.
- To provide a back-up for HAZOP studies
Construction & commissioning
- To evaluate and the consequence and frequency of accident where equipment on the site is damaged due to construction
- To determine the appropriate start-up procedure based on dynamic simulation.
Modification and decommissioning
- To train the operators of the hazards associated with the facility.
- To assist in emergency respond planning.
- Easy access to the HSE Case, consequence analysis, fault tree analysis, and performance standards, procedures,
management of change will be improved.
When to use ADEPP?